SALSA Summer Scholars
This summer research experience is funded by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Students will conduct original research for nine weeks.
Two research opportunities will be offered in the Neil A. Campbell Science Learning Laboratory this summer:
- Dates: July 3 - September 1
- Times: Monday through Friday 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Stipend: $5000
- On campus housing with meals for nine weeks
- Parking provided for commuters
Attendance for all nine weeks is required to receive the stipend. The student MAY NOT enroll in summer classes.
Requirements for the program:
- Completed Biology 20 in Fall 2015, Winter 2016 or are currently enrolled in Spring 2016
- Received a B or better in Biology 20 (or a 80% or better on the Spring mid-term)
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Will matriculate at UCR in Fall 2016